The Windows Media Creation Tool is an excellent option for installing your Windows 10. You can even use the tool for repairing your Windows 10 installation or troubleshooting the issues if any that you may be facing on your computer. So, having a copy of Windows 10 on your USB drive may be a great idea so that it would be useful in arriving at the most beneficial results for resolving your issues.
What is Media Creation Tool?
If you have your computer completely gone dead, you would need to perform a clean installation of Windows 10. Such a circumstance will warrant access to a bootable USB disk or a USB drive that contains the files and the other installation media required for installing your Windows 10.
Windows Media Creation Tool is a standalone tool designed explicitly for the purpose. There are several areas that the Tool can come in handy. You may have a system that refuses to boot into Windows, or maybe it fails to start correctly after the installation of an update.
How to Create a Media Creation Tool?
Well, The Windows Media Creation Tool is an excellent option and can help you solve a host of issues like we have already discussed. Apart from helping you troubleshoot the problems you may be facing on your Windows 10 system, it can also be used for updating your PC or laptop to the latest update.
Requirements before creating a Media Creation tool
Before you set out to create a Windows 10 Media Creation Tool, it will be necessary to pay attention to a few essential aspects. The system and other functional requirements would include
- Ensure that you have access to a working internet connection. You will need it to download the files and the tool.
- Do note that you have access to free storage space enough for the downloaded installation files.
- Make sure you have at least 12 GB of space available free.
- Make sure that you have backed all the data currently available on your USB stick — the Media Creation Tool formats it before saving files to it.
- The USB drive or USB stick you are using should have a minimum of 8 GB of storage.
- If you are creating your Windows 10 Media Creation Tool for upgrading your system, it would be essential to check whether your computer meets the system requirements.
How to Download and Install Media Creation Tool?
Whether you are looking to create an installation media for yourself or want an installation media with the latest version of Windows 10, the steps involved in creating the Media Creation Tool should be comfortable and straightforward.
Here is what you are expected to do –
- Launch your favorite web browser. We prefer Google Chrome, though.
- Visit the Microsoft site for creating the media creation tool.
- Click on the option Download Tool Now.
- Wait till the tool is installed.
- Then, plug in the USB stick on which you want to create the Media Creation Tool.
- Run the application
- Accept the terms and conditions stipulated.
- Choose the option for Create installation media for another PC
- Click on NEXT
- Choose the right choices for your version of Windows 10. You will need to choose the language and architecture.
- Click on NEXT
- Choose the option for USB Flash Drive and then click on NEXT.
- Select your flash drive.
- Click on NEXT.
Wait till the process is completed. You should receive a prompt when the process is finished, and your bootable drive is successfully created.
The Media Creation Tool file should ideally be in 18.3 MB in size. The last part of the file name should let you know the version number of the Windows 10 that it supports.
That concludes the information on how to create a Media Creation Tool on your USB stick.
What can you use the Media Creation Tool for?
The Media Creation Tool can be used for several options and functions. Some of the choices you can use it for would include
- Reinstallation of Windows 10
- Clean installation of Windows 10
- Troubleshooting your Windows 10
How to reinstall or clean install Windows 10 with Media Creation Tool
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool can be used for creating an ISO image for the latest version of Windows 10. The steps involved should be quite easy and straightforward.
Follow the steps outlined here –
- Turn off your computer by pressing the appropriate key.
- Insert the USB drive or USB stick that has the Media Creation Tool saved.
- Keep tapping the F2 key to reach up to the BIOS menu. Check the exact function key to reach the BIOS menu on your computer. It may vary depending upon the manufacturer.
- Navigate to the Main menu by utilizing the arrow keys.
- Choose Boot Menu from the BIOS options
- Highlight USB drive as your primary boot device
The device will now boot from your USB disk and display the Windows Installation menu. Choose your region, installation language, and Time. Once you are through the initial configurations, click on Install Now.
Accept the terms of the license and click on NEXT. You will be offered the options for either Upgrade or Custom installation. While the upgrade option installs the latest version of Windows 10 and safeguards all your files, the Custom option will let you choose the exact installation options depending upon your preferences. Do note that the Custom installation will erase all your data.
How to Use Windows Media Creation Tool for creating an ISO image?
You can use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool for creating your Windows 10 ISO image. The task is quite simple and easy to work with. You may follow the steps here to create your Windows 10 ISO image.
- Insert the USB stick that you have just created onto your computer.
- Run the file as an administrator.
- Accept the UAC if you are prompted for.
- You will be prompted to confirm the license terms. Click on Accept to continue
- The next screen should ask you what you would want to do. You should have two options here – Upgrade the PC and Create Installation Media
- Choose the second option and click on NEXT
- Choose the language, OS edition, and architecture from the options available at your disposal.
- If you are not sure, you can select Use recommended settings for this PC
- Click on NEXT
- You will be asked which media would you want to use. You can choose between USB Flash Drive or ISO File.
- Click on NEXT.
In the next step, you would need to specify a location for the ISO file and give a name of your preference. Choose a destination, provide a name, and click on Save.
The Media Creation Tool will begin downloading the file. You can check the progress through the progress bar. The exact time taken for the download will depend upon the server loads and your internet speed.
That does it. Once the file is saved, you can click on Finish to complete the task. You can use the ISO file downloaded to mount it on a virtual machine or a DVD.
The Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is an excellent option for almost all your requirements in installing your Windows or addressing a proper functionality. Using the tool is quite intuitive and should not need any technical expertise. However, if you are weary enough and looking for some advice on using the Media Creation Tool on a USB, the tips shared here should be quite useful.
The tool serves a huge purpose of creating your ISO file for the software, or it can also double up as an excellent option for creating a bootable Windows 10 memory stick. The tips and tutorials outlined here should be quite practical.
More Topics on Windows:
- What’s New for Windows 10 Build Version 1903 For Enterprises
- Windows 10 media creation tool – Download link
- Fix – The Action cannot be completed because the file is open Windows 10
- How to Resolve and Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working
- How to Disable Edge in Windows 10 using GPO Registry
- Manage Windows Defender Credential Guard
- How to Transfer Files From Dropbox to Google Drive
- How To Download Yahoo Mail to PST and Transfer File To Local Computer