In this post, we are covering SQL Server DBA Setup Interview Questions. If you are for both Aspiring and Experienced professionals. These questions are generally targeted at DBAs with 0-5 Years of experience who installs and maintains a SQL Server Environment.
What are the system requirements for SQL Server 2012, 2014 and 2016?
For SQL Server 2016 you need the following:
.NET Framework 4.6, 4.0 and 3.5 for 2016, 2014 & 2012 respectively for the following components:
- Database Engine
- Master Data Services
TCP/IP installed with support for the following Protocols
- Shared memory
- Named Pipes
- VIA (Not Supported in Clustering)
HDD Space of 6 GB
- 512 MB for SQL Server Express Edition
- 1 GB for all other Editions of SQL
- 4 GB of RAM recommended for optimal performance
Operating Systems Support
SQL Server Enterprise supports the following:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
Enterprise & Web Edition does not support client operating Systems like Windows 8, 8.1, 10 or 7
SQL Server Standard supports the following:
In addition to Enterprise Edition supported OS’s
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Professional
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Enterprise
What are the limitations of Installing SQL Server on a Domain Controller?
Microsoft does not recommend installing SQL Server on a Domain Controller for security reasons. When you try to install, you will get a warning message at the time of SQL Server Setup. Here are the following limitations applicable:
- You cannot run SQL Server Database services on a domain controller using a local service account.
- After SQL Server is installed on a computer, you will not be able to change the computer from a domain member to a domain controller. You will have to uninstall SQL Server before you change the member server to a domain controller (DC).
- The Vice-Versa is also applicable. After installing SQL Server on a server, you cannot change the Server from a domain controller to a domain member. You must uninstall SQL Server before you change the Server computer to a domain member.
- SQL Server failover cluster instances are not supported where cluster nodes are domain controllers. You will need to have separate Nodes added to the domain.
- SQL Server Setup cannot create security groups or provision SQL Server service accounts on a read-only domain controller and the setup program will fail.
What is the default port number for SQL Server Database Services and Analysis Services?
- SQL Server Database Services: Port 1433
- SQL Server Analysis Services: Port 2382
What are the different Storage Types supported to store Data?
- Local Disk
- Shared Storage
- SMB File Share
- Azure Blob Storage
Which version of SQL Server does not support 32-bit Processors?
SQL Server 2016 – All EditionsDisclaimer: The Questions and Answers provided on https://www.gigxp.com are for general information purposes only. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.